Buildings and Contents Insurance Return to all services

If you have a mortgage your lender will have made buildings insurance a compulsory requirement. The buildings insurance needs to cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home if it is damaged by storm, floods, fire, lightning and subsidence.

It is also important to insure your contents. You’ll be surprised how much they are worth. If the unthinkable happens and your valuables are stolen or a fire destroys your home, replacing your belongings could run into hundreds and in many cases many thousands of pounds!

For those buying a property your solicitor is likely to require evidence that you have buildings insurance in place before the purchase is complete. If you are buying a flat you may well not need buildings insurance as this is usually covered in the management charge. If you do not need buildings insurance, providers offer policies that are contents only.  

We offer a hassle free buildings and contents service, obtaining a competitively priced premium for your property. We can liaise with your solicitor for the policy to start on exchange of contracts for older properties or on completion for new properties.

We do not charge our customers a fee for using our buildings and contents service. This is because we receive a commission payment from the provider.

If you would like to use our service or would like more information, please email or call us on 01453 852 900.

Want to speak to one of our experts?
Fill out this form below and we’ll be in touch with you
View Our Other Mortgage Solution Services