Help to Buy Scheme Return to all services
Help to Buy equity scheme
The Help to Buy equity scheme offers an equity loan where the Government lends first-time buyers and existing homeowners’ money to buy a newly-built home. This popular Government-backed scheme is now available until 2021.
With the Help to Buy equity scheme, the advantages are:
- You only need a 5% deposit
- The Government loans you up to 20% of the property value
- The loan is interest-free for five years, making your home more affordable.
- You only need to secure a 75% mortgage
There are a few important conditions:
- The home you buy must be your only residence
- The scheme isn’t available for buy-to-let investors
- The scheme isn't available to those who will own any other property after completion
There are a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme, so it’s worth talking to one of our advisers.