We do not charge our clients a fee for our mortgage service unless we are arranging an equity release mortgage.
Help to Buy Scheme Return to all services
Help to Buy equity scheme
The Help to Buy equity scheme offers an equity loan where the Government lends first-time buyers and existing homeowners’ money to buy a newly-built home. This popular Government-backed scheme is now available until 2021.
With the Help to Buy equity scheme, the advantages are:
- You only need a 5% deposit
- The Government loans you up to 20% of the property value
- The loan is interest-free for five years, making your home more affordable.
- You only need to secure a 75% mortgage
There are a few important conditions:
- The home you buy must be your only residence
- The scheme isn’t available for buy-to-let investors
- The scheme isn't available to those who will own any other property after completion
There are a range of competitive mortgage rates available with this scheme, so it’s worth talking to one of our advisers.